Adjunct Prof. Rick Handel has completed six of the eight articles in a series for State Tax Notes, on tax system reform. The following articles have been published:
- “Tax System Reform-Part 1,” State Tax Notes, Oct. 28, 2015.
- “Working Together-The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly,” State Tax Notes, Feb. 2, 2016.
- “Administrative and Procedural Best Practices,” State Tax Notes, May 2 2016.
- “Reforming the Tax Legislative Process,” State Tax Notes, Oct. 12, 2016.
- “Local Tax System Reform,” State Tax Notes, Jan. 31 2017.
- “Tax System Reform with Respect to Specific Taxes,” State Tax Notes, May 15, 2017.
The seventh installment will be on taxpayer rights, and the eighth will be on state tax ethics for taxpayer representatives and tax agency employees. They are expected to be published in late 2017 or early 2018.